Monday, July 16, 2012

TV Wall Mount. PART 1

  So we got a TV with our target gift cards that we had from our wedding.   Its a nice 32" Apex LCD . Lately I have been using it as a double screen for my laptop.   I love this, as I can be on Facebook, and watch a YouTube video about something funny, or researching something.
  Today, I decided to surprise my wife for our two month anniversary, and finally mount our TV to the wall.


This is What it looked like before.  Part bookcase, part tv stand, part everything
apex, 32", LCD, TV, dresser, messy, cable, HDMI

 Not to mention the jumbled mess of wires
apex, 32", LCD, TV, dresser, messy, cable, HDMI, wires, RCA

This is where the TV stand needs to go, so it can hide all of this, the internet, WiFi and cable stuff. 
cable, internet, comcast, wifi, tv,

 So I had to mount these on the TV using the new mount after my second trip to Target. (The first trip I grabbed the wrong mount, and it said it would fit a 32" TV, but the mounts on my TV were larger than usual.)
The Mounts ended up being 400mm X 200 mm. 
apex, 32", LCD, TV, dresser, messy, cable, HDMI, wall, mount
 So i measured on the wall exactly where I wanted it to go.
apex, 32", LCD, TV, dresser, messy, cable, HDMI pencil, drawing

Drew it with a pencil
holes, pencil, drawing, white, mounting

And then forced the screws into the stud by hand, cause I couldn't find my hand drill.  But it all came out fine in the end.  The mount was rated for 80 lbs, and my TV is only 17.3 lbs. 
screws, bolts, tv mount, tv apex, drywall, pencil

This is the one I ended up getting.   About 50 dollars or so.
apex, 32", LCD, TV, dresser, messy, cable, HDMI, target,


And it took me a little longer than I thought, so with the help of my wife, since she had gotten home by this point, we were able to put the TV up together, and made sure everything works, and IT DID!!!!
working, wall, mount, tv, apex, 32" HDMI

And this is the finished product, for today at least.  I still need to set up the front room, and find somewhere to put the cable box, and DVD player, but its a work in progress, and that's why this is just PART 1.
wire ties, apex 32", LCD, tv,

So after I figured out which mount I actually had to purchase, This project only took me about 30 minutes, which included the time moving stuff around. 


---Coming soon--- Hopefully, home-made surround sound?  sounds good to me. 
-ACS

2 comments:

  1. Austin, and Malia:
    I remembered the TV mounting post, and thought:
    Now that you have a TV, and inasmuch as you have TWO really good movies to watch,
    you should watch them.
    ENJOY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That was some gift! I’m sure your wife was pleased to see your TV finally mounted on the wall. Well, it is a win-win situation for both of you. With the TV mounted on the wall, it will be on a secure post and the place will look nicer, since all the wires and cables are not a mess anymore.[Lance Vartanian]

    ReplyDelete