Monday, August 6, 2012

Malia's New Scooter: Part 1

Well this my next project.  Getting this for one hundred dollars, it still needs some work, but after sitting for two years its surprisingly in pretty good condition. 

orange, scooter, 150cc, broken
Malia has been begging me to let her drive a scooter, and so as my sister Candace and her girlfriend, Mo, decided to move to Denver, they would be needing to leave this behind. So I will be fixing this up for Malia.

Its a 150cc scooter, which I'm pretty sure is Chinese built and has the same motor that the scooter i had in high school had.

Today so far, I got a sweet deal on a new battery from a friend I knew from High School. and installed it.
Started up after only a few seconds surprisingly, after the new battery install.

The tires were way low and so I drove it to the gas station only a couple blocks away from Candace's place.  Turns out that the front tire is fine, but the Rubber Boot on the air valve on the back tire is ripped, so I will need to install a new one.  No time tonight left to start a several hour project, So I will plan on doing that in a few days.

So part one is finished, but Malia will be way excited for when this is ready for her soon!!!

-ACS

No comments:

Post a Comment