Thursday, August 16, 2012

Malia's New scooter: Part 2

Well today on my way home from work my clutch cable went out on my Suzuki Katana. (which no clutch is quite a ride, let me tell you).  So with that happening I decided I was going to have to fix her scooter a little faster than before expected, so that I could drive it until my new clutch cable comes in from Amazon.com.

So after some Googling I found out what I would need to do to replace the tire valve.  So I drove the scooter to the nearest gas station with a flat tire on the back,  got halfway there and the front tire popped also.

But I still made it there safely.
Here is my cute wife, and her new scooter. :)
scooter, chinese, 150, 150cc, tire valve, broken


 And so I got the all the parts, new tire valves, and a big C-clamp to get the tire open enough to get the old tire valve out.
scooter, 150cc, tools, C-clamp, air, tire, valve, broken


So I attached the C-clamp on the left side to the rim, and the right side to the tire to pry back the bead.   I pry back the tire to gain access to the old valve that I have to take off from the inside. 
c, clamp, C-clamp, scooter, replace, tire, valve


I used a hat, to protect the rim from damage. 
hat, repair, scooter, tire, valve

Austin Springer, scooter, Tire, valve


The C-Clamp almost pulled the tire back far enough to pull out the old valve, so I got screwdriver and pried it out anyways, but I couldn't fit the new one back in until I pulled it back farther
tire, clamp, rubber, 150, valve


This is with the new valve back in,   BTW i did the front tire first and then the back tire.   I bought the screw on valves, as they seemed easier to work with rather than pull through kind that it first came with. 
screw, on, tire, valve, gy6, scooter

gy6, scooter, tire, valve, replacement


Done with the front, so I moved onto the back tire. 
tire, valve, front, orange, scooter

Austin Springer, Austin, rear, tire, scooter, 150cc,

Austin Springer, Austin, Springer


and after we went to the second gas station, because the first one's air machine didn't fit the new rear valve, we completed it all, and its pretty much ready to roll.   Which is a good thing because I will have to make it to work on this for the next few days. 
Malia, scooter, finished, valve, replacement

1 comment: